lørdag 8. desember 2007

The National

Here are a couple goodies. They are a couple music videos from the band I went to see last Sunday, The National. They were really good, the best show I've seen since TV on the Radio. I've been digging on their last album, Boxer, this fall so it was a pleasure to actually see a band I liked live. Most of the show was excellent, the music was on, the band energetic, and even funny stage banter. They missed the mark on two songs, and sadly one of those was my favorite: "Fake Empire."

And the audience was pretty lame of course. If you've been to a show with me you know I don't usually move around too much. I'll sway back and forth, rock my head and bounce a bit on my right leg. Moving a bit but not dancing. Folks here are usually such passive listeners, that I'm in the top 5% rocking out. That is shameful.

Anyway, I like this band. Their songs could be accused of sounding too much alike, but I don't care. I like the sound. Most songs start a bit quieter then build into a bit of a jamming crescendo. They keep their songs short so they don't get too indulgent or experimental. Oh and it doesn't hurt that their lyrics are strong and fit my psyche here.





Here is that fave song of mine overlaid on a homevideo of a French family's trip to the USA. Yes, it is kinda strange. They can't do a good live version, from what youtube indicates.

3 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

America = Southern California

Blumaa sa...

i'm so jealous. as far as i'm concerned the album 'boxer' is the best album of the year. i want to hear more details about the concert.

JasonC sa...

the national are great, man. glad you got to see them out there.