søndag 10. februar 2008

Roomies

A conversation yesterday about the housing situation for this summer caused me to reflect on how many people I've lived with. There are many. Part of this blog post is to see if I still remember all their names.

I've defined lived with someone as sharing a flat, house, or similar residence for at least one month while having common household chores like cleaning. That excludes most of the folks from Philosophy Camp but includes my cooking and cleaning team. Since turning 18, I've lived:

-With folks from 11 different countries: Canada, the U.S., Norway, China, Bangladesh, Nepal, Malaysia, Iceland, Germany, Slovakia, and the Sierra Leone.
-And 12 different states: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, Idaho, Maryland, Texas, Kansas, California, Washington, and Florida.
-In eight different cities, four different states, and two different countries.
-With four people whose names I can't remember.

For a total of fourty four people in six and a half years. That seems ridiculous. Is it more ridiculous that I don't remember the names of some of them? Of course, many people in their younger years have similar experiences of change in living situations. Somehow mine seems extreme to me, although I know many folks have gone through more.

I think part of the reason I miss home and chillin with Cate so much is because of all this transition. Its worn me down a bit. While others are chomping to travel and meet new folks, I kinda want to relax with folks I know and who know me. But alas, I am here for some time yet. I try to experience what I can even if I'm not as enthusiastic as I should be.

Speaking of: I'm going to Gothenburg next weekend. And I have a friend coming now, Jule from Germany is going with. Oh the germans...

Ingen kommentarer: