mandag 4. februar 2008

Self Among Others


First day of class today. It went well. I am optimistic for the semester, but with reservations. And ya know what, I consider this a maturation in my teaching. I learned a lot last semester, and I can't wait to see how DSE goes with everything I've taken in.


I am also taking Norwegian class again, with the same teacher even. I think it will go better this semster. As an aside, in speaking with this teacher she said the class last semeseter was the most advanced and fast-moving introductory course she'd ever tought. Several of the students skipped the next level directly to advanced, and no one had below a 'B' on the final exam. That is extraordinary when you consider the higher level of rigour in European grading. A 'B' here is equivalent to an 'A' or 'A-' in the U.S. This is another way of justifying why I dropped out, and I will stop now.

1 kommentar:

rootbeerlady sa...

Yee ha!

Glad to hear the naked first day went well.
r