mandag 28. januar 2008

Odds and Ends

Grumble Grumble

I want to post up a few interesting photos and links and what not, but my first attempts of posting the Owl Tree are failing. So, I will just have to link to a few photos, and hopefully you will check them out. The photos are from a collective piece that was done last fall. The tree was put up on the side of a random building and local artists were notified. Anyone was free to contribute and over the next few months a beautiful tree community was created.
First, the scene.
A look at the tree.
In the process of an addition.
I could snuggle this guy.
But these two are my favs.


These are working though. Photos of the papercut-based work of Peter Callesen.

I am also finding it difficult to re-post images of Nigel Peake's work. It reminds me a bit of some things I saw in Vienna, and not just Hunderwasser although that influence is there. Anyway, check out his drawings.





I heard about him because the above book was just reviewed on this awesome online magazine I've been digging through. The magazine is called Mumble and this is its mission:

"Mumble Online Magazine focuses on the infinite nouns and verbs that influence contemporary art and street culture, directly and indirectly. We take you on a somewhat lighthearted journey from yesterday to tomorrow, with many a pitstop along the way.
"In plain english: we publish articles that have to do with influential artists, photographers, skateboarders, places, books, stuff you can buy, music and whatever as well as some totally random shit that somehow fits into the picture."

For more skateboarder related contemporary art check out The Art Dump. The Art Dump is, put simply, an arts collective wing of the Girl Skateboard Co. and its affiliates. They recently made a limited run of prints celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the Four Star clothing brand. Here are two of them that I liked:



1 kommentar:

cate sa...

ooh. owls! you know i love me some owls.

and, i really liked nigel peake's stuff, especially the maps. you may not believe it, but i also like maps.

and, it made me want to bust out the watercolors. why didn't a pick a thesis project that involved more arts and crafts? oh yeah... so I could get paid.