onsdag 31. oktober 2007

trick? or treat?

I was sitting in Blitz just a little bit ago, chompin' down a cheap vegan meal. Some haggard old dude comes up and speaks norsk to me. I ask him to switch to english and he says he has a bike he wants to sell for 300 kr. I had been wanting to get a bike here, but after shopping around online I decided I couldn't afford the 1000kr + for used. New in stores around 4000. So I finish my meal and go check it out. Its a nice mountain bike. I note the clip on shoes - a hassle for me - so he drops the price to 250. I take it out of Blitz and ride it for a minute. Feels alright.
I spend several minutes contemplating my ethical dilemma. I have the opportunity to buy a GOOD bike for super cheap. But the bike was clearly stolen and the dude was likely going to use the cash for drugs. He kinda had this nervousness to him, this shaky edge. And he was kinda old and haggard hanging around Blitz...
I decide to pass.

I go in and tell him. He looks pained. "200. 150!"
I pause.

I contemplate. What is one person's price?


My price was 150. What's yours?

Ingen kommentarer: