lørdag 27. oktober 2007

update

Well, I can't really explain the reasons for outbursts in the last couple of posts in this public setting. It will have to remain a mystery.

Things seem more or less back to normal now. I have much free time, especially now that I'm not taking norsk. I'm actually friends with a couple of the students now, which is positive for my mental health but occasionally problematic. I am much closer to a couple of my flatmates, especially Isi and Wiebtke.

I've heard about two awesome job openings in the Twin Cities, which is quite hard to hear. HECUA's City Arts TA and a job as coordinator at Jane Addams School. And I've been getting some love at JAS and YF lately.
I still don't actually know if I'll be here next spring. It drives me crazy. Right now there are 4 students expected. I don't know if more will register, the deadline is Nov. 1st. Tim has said he would definitely run the program if 5 register. Four is a weird zone and I don't know what any of it means for next year.

I'm trying to appreciate Oslo again, but it is much more difficult here than in Stockholm or Copenhagen, especially Copenhagen. It is not an easy city to get to know well solo either. It is not easy to break into and become established on your own. My reserved nature around folks I don't know well makes this much more difficult. And this city is so damn expensive that to do anything on the town.

Not much to say. Any questions?

2 kommentarer:

Brianna sa...

I have a question...it's a lame one, though.

So, Lonely Wolf...when he said that to you do you think he meant Lone Wolf?

right.

Just thinking about the X Files and the great oxymoron, "The Lone Gunmen"......

rootbeerlady sa...

So, it's coming up on Halloween. If you want to see something scarier than the usual ghosts and goblins check out this photo of norm coleman.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/nation/washington/congress/20071029_ap_woodstockvetwontbackmuseumfunds.html

Yesterday we drove up to Knife River to check on the construction progress. I saw an eagle standing in the ditch right beside the road I was driving on. It calmly stretched its wings and took off. Wow, it was huge. Does Norway have any notable birds you've seen?
Take care,
r