fredag 17. august 2007

b-day recap

Oooh, I had a good birthday! Happiness!

First I got a lovely e-mail from Cate, which put me into such a good mood. It included these lyrics, sung to the tune of happy birthday, of course:
Happy birthday to you
You are my babu,
If our love was a plant,
It would be bamboo

(too which she added, "by that I mean durable, renewable, flexible, and favored by pandas.")

Dang thats a good way to start a day.

Then for the morning's field seminar students went in small groups around grønland, the main non-ethnic norwegian neighborhood. Tim and I went and had a latte in a nice cafe then took our own walk around.
We came back to Blindern (our UiO campus) for a lunch between ISS staff and SUSTers. Everyone sang me happy birthday! It was sweet, but I was so embarassed with 20 people singing for me. I wanted to crawl under the table so bad, my face was super red...
Then I led my first integration seminar, which went well. I wasn't too bad, and the students were engaged, talking and asking each other questions too.
After the seminar and a few student meetings Tim and I went out for drinks to celebrate. We went to a beer garden in the city center, then we went to a tiki bar in Grunnerlokka. We got a kebab (so good!) then went to his place to eat and pick up a few items he is loaning me. Another beer closer to downtown and I went home. Just about as soon as I was in the door my german roomates, Isa and Wiebka, came over with a cake and a birthday candle for me. It was sooo sweet and nice of them! We stayed up for a couple more hours talking over a bottle of wine.
Then, I went to my room and found out my internet was hooked up! I'm online at home, finally!

Good birthday...

Ingen kommentarer: