lørdag 11. august 2007

Blog Title

First things first, a few comments on the blog title.

So, I am in Oslo now.

But, before I left I had many conversations with many friends about preparing for my time here. One concern of mine was finding friends, particularily because of not being able to rely on my students for several reasons.
I was having a conversation, nearly two weeks ago now, with Martin about this topic. (Martin my Norwegian friend, who I met in my flat two years ago and is not married to another SUSTer and living in the States). He asked me, in his particular way of finding the most glorious phrases, "So Phil, are you ready to be the lonely wolf? Because that's what you are going to be, the lonely wolf. That's what you are, you are social, you are a wolf. So, are you ready to be the lonely wolf in Norway?"

So, blog title must, must, be The Lonely Wolf.

Ingen kommentarer: