tirsdag 14. august 2007

tibits and friendships

A rough and tumble few days seems to have the possibility of settling down finally.

Classes have begun, and we seem to have a smart and talkative group. I have high hopes for the semester. I am still not quite confident in my role, but I'm slowly warming up to it, I hope...

I may have made a few friends, which is good. My roomate Pål seems interesting, but we haven't had the chance to talk much yet. Hopefully beers will be forthcoming and the chatting can begin.
I have met a couple other roomates, Isa and Wiptka, who are very nice. they come from Germany and are studying law together. We've chatted here and there, but a prolonged sit down or go out hasn't happened yet. I believe it will...
Also, today we had international student buddy groups, which provide an opportunity to meet other students at the UiO. I chatted with a German named Tim and we hope to go hiking or have a beer together soon.
I've also hung out a little with students here and there. There are a few who seem like they'd be natural friends for me, but I am conscious that I'm in a different role than them. Hopefully it will not become too hard to find a balance between friendship and our hecua roles. Last night I ran into Paul and Nate in downtown. We ended up going to Mono, Habibi, and Blå together. It was a good time and reminded me of other fun nights in the city. I do have fun memories of this place, but there is a weird schizophrenia sometimes when thinking about that time and creating a new experience with new people. There are few times when I'm as aware of the changes in my life.

Not much else to report.
Have begun reading Ghandi's autobiography, The Story of My Experiences with the Truth.
I'm also working on a couple mixes, to be dropped soon.

BTW,I have a few phone numbers for you all:
number for my room: +47 22 18 75 28
cell number: +47 94 47 75 74

2 kommentarer:

cate sa...

Habibi? Mono? Bla? Your readership needs explanation!

Anne sa...

aha! I found your new blog! and now you have mine, http://annieshead.blogspot.com (same as always).

Sounds like things are going well so far! Aren't new adventures exhilarating?